- "Less is More." We aim to create products and do business with less damage to the planet and its inhabitants. We do this by making natural products, using sustainable packaging, and reducing waste through running the business as e-commerce (and the occasional local market).
- Most of our products are vegan, including soaps with Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter. Anything with Honey or Goat's Milk is not vegan but it is naturally sourced. If our product contains Palm Oil, it is Responsibly Sourced as defined by the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO).
- We make 100% natural soap: no synthetic agents, no dyes, no scents, no harsh detergents (SLSs/SLEs). We do not use any preservatives, phthalates, or parabens. We do not use ingredients common to skincare that are known irritants, such as Sodium Laureth Sulfate or Sodium Laureth Ester. even if it is labeled "safe" in "limited" use.
Our packaging & product chain:
- We are ecoconscious. By limiting sales to e-commerce and occasional craft markets, we take up no retail space, reduce driving to a store, and use less electricity.
- We buy local. We make every effort to buy local. Our ingredients and materials come from US businesses, especially small businesses.
- We are ALMOST plastic free! All of our packaging is recycled or recyclable. We shred paper label scraps instead of using bubble wrap or other shipping material. We do use *recyclable* shrink wrap; right now, the only plant based, truly biodegradable shrink wrap is produced/sold in the UK and Australia, which is still cost prohibitive for our small business.